Monday, January 25, 2016

Chinese Barbecue Pork (Char Siu)

 I want to make Char Siu pie, so I have to make Chinese Barbecue Pork (Char Siu) to use in my pie.

 Actually I need only 100-200g of it, but if it takes the same amount of time, make a lot of it is a better choice. Because I can eat it with egg noodle or rice too. To make the preparation easier,  I use Chinese Barbecue (Char Siu) powder (Seasoning Mix) as a base, then add the seasoning to suit my taste ^^.
It's very easy to make, just mix everything together and let it marinade overnight. Then grill it until the inside temperature reach 80C. Cover the pork after cooked, help the pork to retain it juiciness. 
If you want to serve it with rice, make the sauce by mixing the same ingredient as for the marinade and cook it (in the microwave or on the stove top) until thicken. Serve it warm with cooked rice is very recommended ^^. 



 Chinese Barbecue Pork (Char Siu)



1kg ....................................... Boneless Butt or shoulder
40g ....................................... Chinese Barbecue (Char Siu) powder (Seasoning Mix)*
1tbsp .................................... Sesame oil
2tbsp .................................... Brown sugar
1tbsp .................................... Salt
1tbsp .................................... Honey

*I Use only half of the quantity
(full quantity is 80g for 1 kg of pork)



Put all the ingredients  into a bowl.


  Mix all the ingredients together.
 Mix into the pork.


Cover 

 and refrigerate overnight.
 Place the pork on the baking sheet, and grill until the inside temperature reach 80C.


Cover with aluminium foil until you're ready to serve.

Note: I grill it again over the barbecue grill, to add more smokey fragrance. ^^ 


Chinese Barbecue Pork (Char Siu)

1 comment:

  1. wow Chinese Barbecue! my favorite ...... my love. try it at my home thanks
    and love your blog so much..

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...