Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Oatmeal cookies: comfort food, comfort thought

 I love to have cookie on hand actually I love to eat something I can chew ^^.
Oat meal cookie is the best choice for me as I love the smell and texture of it. Plus this cookie has pecan nuts and dried cherries, and I love both of them too. I still in lazy mode (don't know how long it will take, hehe), there are many things I want to do but the hardest point is to start. The fact is I got a lot of inspiration from my vacation but I still didn't finish categorise them. I tried to crate some of the sweet that I tasted while traveling but the result is not as good as I want and it irritated me. Well I know that it's not easy, but I still want to be able to make something from my imagination, haha. So, as the result I needed some delicious and comfort sweet to get me through this feeling.
Turning to this comfort food makes me happy, as it brings good memory to me. Makes me remember why I love baking, I started baking because I love to eat and my family love to eat that's the real reason ^^. 
We are always be like that, we started with some passion, when time passed, we run to new goal and forgot why we did it in the first place. All I want to tell you is don't forget why you want to bake, try to remember the smile on your family member face when they enjoyed your first homemade cookies, their laughter and your own happiness. With this thought in your heart You know why you want to bake more and more.

Recipe: Oatmeal cookies
สูตรภาษาไทย: คุกกี้ข้าวโอ๊ต
日本語のレシピ:オートミールクッキー
YOUTUBE: คุกกี้ข้าวโอ๊ต, Oatmeal cookies,  オートミールクッキー


 Oatmeal cookies
Makes 10-11 pieces


 70g ............................... All purpose flour
1/2tsp ............................ Baking powder
1/4tsp ............................ Salt
60g ................................ Pecan, roasted and chopped
40g ................................ Dried cherries, chopped
100g .............................. Rolled oats
90g ................................ Unsalted butter
45g ................................ Dark brown sugar
90g ................................ Granulated sugar
30g ................................ Egg (about 1/2)
1/2tsp ............................ Vanilla extract






Line a baking sheet with baking paper.

 Beat the butter with salt until soft, add both of the sugar, beat until fully combine.


 Add the egg and vanilla, beat to combine.


 Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl, add rolled oats, chopped pecan and chopped dried cherries.
 Fold to combine.



Scoop the cookie dough (or roll into a ball about 4.5 cm ) onto the prepared baking sheet, press lightly.
Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes before baking.
Preheat the oven to 170C.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edge of the cookie firm to touch.
Let the cookies cool and set on the baking sheet before moving to the wire rack to cool completely.



Oatmeal cookies: comfort food, comfort thought 

3 comments:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...