Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Strawberry Mascarpone Tart

 I have hectic life lately, a lot of things to do, to choose and many place to go. 

 Because my house is under renovation, so I can't spend most of my time in the kitchen (actually I don't have kitchen right now, it's my backyard that I use as a kitchen, haha). Talking about the renovation, I never know that it will be this long -*-. Even I have to solve so many problems everyday, ^^", all the works went well so far. But I still wish that when I wake up tomorrow, everything done. 
Anyway I have to live my life this way and I have to be happy. So, I think I have to make something delicious and easy to lift up my mood.
This tart is the right answer, it's easy to make, lovely to see and delicious to eat. I use food processor for making the pastry but you can use your finger to mix the flour, sugar and butter together too. Only the pastry needs baking, the filling is soft mascarpone mousse with lovely strawberry jam (store bought is Ok, but I made mine in the microwave). The richness from the mousse goes well with sweetness from the jam and tangy sweet taste of the fresh berries.
Because the filling has no gelatin, it will be on a soft side. Keep the tart in the fridge, cut and serve immediately with a cup of hot tea is recommended.


Strawberry Mascarpone Tart
Makes 25cm tart

Pastry
150g ................................ Cake flour
50g .................................. Granulated sugar
100g ................................ Unsalted butter, cold, cut into pieces
1 ....................................... Egg yolk
.......................................... Pinch of salt
Filling
160g ............................... Strawberry jam (I use this recipe: Strawberry Microwave Jam)
150g ................................ Mascarpone cheese
150g ................................ Whipping cream
40g ................................. Granulated sugar
1/2tsp ............................ Vanilla paste
1tbsp .............................. Vanilla liquor
Topping
......................................... Fresh berries  

 Put flour, granulated sugar and salt into a bowl of food processor, process to combine. Put butter into the bowl process until crumbs formed.
Pour egg yolk into the bowl process until smooth.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
 Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Roll the pastry and fit into 25cm tart pan.
Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes before baking.
Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.
Let the pastry cool on a wire rack.
 Mix Mascarpone cheese with granulated sugar, vanilla bean paste and vanilla liquor until soft and fully combine.
Whip the whipping cream until soft peaks formed.
 Fold the whipping cream into Mascarpone cheese mixture in 3 addition.
Spread the strawberry jam over the base of the pastry, top with mascarpone mousse and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Decorate with fresh berries before serving.

Strawberry Mascarpone Tart

3 comments:

  1. Love this tart that you baked...look so yummy with the strawberry spread..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't imagine you have no kitchen and yet able to produce such lovely bake. Salute!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...